POLICY ANALYST/STAFF ATTORNEY POSITION
HomeBase seeks a full-time professional to join our San Francisco-based team of highly experienced public policy lawyers, policy analysts, and management professionals.
HomeBase is a nonprofit public interest law firm dedicated to the social problem of homelessness. Our mission is to end homelessness, prevent its recurrence, and decrease its effect on communities. We work on the state and national level to support communities in implementing responses to homelessness while fostering collaboration in addressing the political and economic causes of homelessness.Responsibilities
- Supporting implementation of federal, state, and local programs to address homelessness, housing, and poverty.
- Assisting with data collection and analysis, and solving quantitative and qualitative problems.
- Identifying the local gaps and assessing the needs of the homeless response system, and providing tailored content and processes to build the capacity of community-based organizations.
- Guiding implementation of data-driven systems to measure performance, evaluate outcomes, identify cross-system usage trends, and develop policy solutions to address homelessness.
- Training key stakeholders about best practices, program models, and regulations to educate and inform community-based decision-making processes.
- Facilitating community-based strategic planning processes and engaging key stakeholders in efforts to prevent and end homelessness.
- Creating high-quality written, visual, data informed tools for local and national audiences, including curricula, manuals, user guides, and other training and resource materials.
- Managing with our teams of homeless and supportive housing experts, a dynamic array of projects, team members, and clients.
Successful candidates must possess:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including strong public speaking skills.
- Ability to succeed in a team-based environment and cultivate collaborative partnerships.
Demonstrated capacity to identify distinct elements of work, and sequence action across time to achieve results.
Strong analytical capabilities and the ability to breakdown complex ideas.
- Attention to detail and ability to prioritize and manage multiple ongoing projects under strict deadlines.
- Interpersonal skills, flexibility and willingness to travel. Must be a licensed driver.
- MPA, MPP for Policy Analyst position or J.D for staff attorney position, from an accredited university and a minimum of 3-5 years of relevant workplace experience and knowledge of homelessness, housing, and poverty issues.
- Demonstrated commitment to the public interest.
Experience with homelessness, affordable housing, and other related issue areas.
Experience using data analysis to drive decisions, and ability to quickly learn and adapt to new systems and software.
Experience with HMIS or another Management Information System (MIS), while not expected, would be valued.To Apply
Please email cover letter, resume, writing sample (policy or advocacy brief preferred), and at least three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Positions Open until filled.